As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
The Nalco Water team of Ecolab is currently seeking an experienced Field Service Technician to join its industry leading sales and service team. You’ll partner with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts and providing customers with problem solving support. You’ll also assist District Sales Representatives with launching new applications in current customer accounts and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco Water. This position requires you to install, maintain and calibrate chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment, as well as work with Ecolab platforms and perform a variety of service support.
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits
- A company service vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Install, calibrate and maintain chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment at a variety of customer accounts
- Provide routine service and support regarding reverse osmosis, membranes, chemical feed, etc.
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- As needed, execute required chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventories at customer accounts
- Territory covers Maritimes, Montreal with occasional travel to Quebec City and Ottawa areas. Regular travel through the Maritimes and Quebec will be required.
- 50% overnight travel will be required
- Customer accounts are within a variety of industries including heavy and light industry, food and beverage manufacturing, transportation and institutional
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, training and certifications.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of industrial/mechanical experience and strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Good computer skills and experience with MS Office applications
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Driving Record
- Able to travel to the US for training/meetings
- Bilingual French/English
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions;
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear;
- Post Secondary diploma or trade school certification
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Proof of Covid 19 vaccination may be required based on client site requirements
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Unser Engagement für Vielfalt und Integration
Wir bei Ecolab sind der Überzeugung, dass die besten Teams vielfältig und integrativ sind, und wir sind dabei, ein Arbeitsumfeld zu schaffen, in dem jeder Mitarbeiter wachsen und sein Bestes erreichen kann. Wir verpflichten uns zur fairen und gleichen Behandlung aller Mitarbeiter und Bewerber. Rekrutierung, Anstellung, Beförderung, Versetzung und Aufstiegschancen basieren bei uns auf der individuellen Qualifikation und beruflichen Leistung. Bei allen Fragen hinsichtlich Beschäftigung, Entschädigung, Leistungen, Arbeitsbedingungen und Aufstiegschancen gibt es bei uns keine Diskriminierung von Mitarbeitern oder Bewerbern aufgrund von Rasse, Religion, Hautfarbe, Glauben, nationaler Herkunft, Staatsbürgerschaft, Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder -ausdruck, genetischer Information, Familienstand, Alter, Behinderungen oder Veteranenstatus.
Darüber hinaus verpflichten wir uns zur Einhaltung der Grundsätze der Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) durch Affirmative Action (AA). Unser Ziel ist es, Minderheiten, Frauen, Behinderte und Veteranen in allen Bereichen unserer Belegschaft vollständig einzusetzen. Bei Ecolab können Sie Ihre Karriere vorantreiben – Die Zukunft gehört Ihnen. Machen Sie etwas daraus.