$40,000 – 50,000 / year
As a Pest Control Technician, you will be responsible for working with a variety of customers in the hospitality industry and other commercial businesses. By providing quality services and identifying solutions to pest problems you’ll help our customers to protect their brand and support their success. Our 5-week comprehensive PAID TRAINING program is designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field – no prior experience required! Once in an established route, this role offers flexible scheduling and ownership of the customer accounts you service.
What You Will Do:
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest elimination needs
- Maintain expertise in Ecolab’s product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions
- Use handheld computerized equipment to manage service and document structural, sanitation and pest issues
- This is a field-based position and may require travel in and around the surrounding areas:
During your training program, you will be required to travel to Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in Eagan, Minnesota for 1 of the 5 weeks. Travel typically takes place during week 3 and the remaining weeks will be in-field training. Ecolab will arrange and pay for your travel and certain travel related expenses.
What’s in it For You:
- Starting Day 1 access to our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, select discounted childcare resources and more!
- Paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of work or military experience
- Position requires a current and valid Driver's License
- Must be able to work overnight shifts as required
- Willingness to be on call during off work hours and weekends as necessary
- Position requires the ability to obtain required pest certification and/or business licensing pursuant to state/local law
- Due to the nature and hours of work, must be 18 years of age or older
- Ecolab conducts a background check and drug screens on all candidates who receive a job offer
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Position requires lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 50 pounds chest high
- Position requires working in a variety of conditions which may include confined spaces, damp and/or dusty locations, use of ladders, freezing and hot conditions
- Essential duties of the position include lifting, kneeling, crouching, reaching, using hands and fingers, balancing, walking, standing, talking and hearing
- Drive a company vehicle as required to perform job duties (pre-employment and ongoing motor vehicle record checks will be performed to determine eligibility to drive a company vehicle)
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to sell value-added products to existing customers
- Previous pest elimination industry or route experience preferred
About Pest Elimination:
Our Pest Elimination team proudly serves our communities and customers by safeguarding public health, food safety and property from the damaging effects of pests. Focused exclusively on commercial pest solutions, we deliver science-based expertise and cutting-edge innovation to solve the industry’s most complex pest challenges. By partnering with our customers in these markets, you can be part of a team that helps protect facilities, employees, and brands at a time when it’s more important than ever.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Unser Engagement für Vielfalt und Integration
Wir bei Ecolab sind der Überzeugung, dass die besten Teams vielfältig und integrativ sind, und wir sind dabei, ein Arbeitsumfeld zu schaffen, in dem jeder Mitarbeiter wachsen und sein Bestes erreichen kann. Wir verpflichten uns zur fairen und gleichen Behandlung aller Mitarbeiter und Bewerber. Rekrutierung, Anstellung, Beförderung, Versetzung und Aufstiegschancen basieren bei uns auf der individuellen Qualifikation und beruflichen Leistung. Bei allen Fragen hinsichtlich Beschäftigung, Entschädigung, Leistungen, Arbeitsbedingungen und Aufstiegschancen gibt es bei uns keine Diskriminierung von Mitarbeitern oder Bewerbern aufgrund von Rasse, Religion, Hautfarbe, Glauben, nationaler Herkunft, Staatsbürgerschaft, Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder -ausdruck, genetischer Information, Familienstand, Alter, Behinderungen oder Veteranenstatus.
Darüber hinaus verpflichten wir uns zur Einhaltung der Grundsätze der Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) durch Affirmative Action (AA). Unser Ziel ist es, Minderheiten, Frauen, Behinderte und Veteranen in allen Bereichen unserer Belegschaft vollständig einzusetzen. Bei Ecolab können Sie Ihre Karriere vorantreiben – Die Zukunft gehört Ihnen. Machen Sie etwas daraus.
Wir berücksichtigen alle qualifizierten Bewerber, einschließlich Personen mit krimineller Vergangenheit, in Übereinstimmung mit den Anforderungen geltender staatlicher und lokaler Gesetze, einschließlich der „Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance“ der Stadt Los Angeles und der „Fair Chance Ordinance“ der Stadt San Francisco.